Friday, November 2, 2012

Seed Storage Idea

Do you have a pile of half used seed packets when you are finished planting your garden?  Do you try to save them for the next year but, when the next year rolls around, you have no idea where you put them? 

Welcome to my world. 

I HATE spending the money for good seeds only to use half, and worse, when I say 'well, I just save them', yeah, like that will ever happen.  I have never been able to store them from year to year.  And worse still, when I get a plant that does amazingly well in my garden and I want to save some of the seeds from it (like squash and pumpkin and onions and . . .) I just don't have a good storage system. 
 
But no more (I feel like one of those TV ad guys)
Introducing my new improved seed storage system :)  
This has worked like a charm.

 
Its just your standard cheap plastic covered binder
(very important that it's plastic on the inside and outside since you store the
whole enchilada in the refrigerator).

 
Filled with clear cheap Kids pencil storage envelops.  You know the kinds with the little zipper on it that has holes to put them in a binder.  I got these at the before school sales at Target - paid just 89 cents each.

 
Then you separate the seeds according to what it is - like this is the herb seeds.  And voila!  Seed city.
 
Put the whole thing in your refrigerator and ignore it till next season and your ready to go.
 
Love it!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment